By Joe Dolittle
Reader Tanith Rosamunde writes:
My boss has decided to do the IT equivalent of crossing the beams. He wants to make Domino work with IIS. Worse, he wants ME to make Domino work with IIS.
Is this even possible?
Will it cause permanent damage to the fabric of the universe (or my career)?
As it turns out, you can use IIS as a front-end to WebSphere Application Server and Domino. You basically need to install the WebSphere plug-in into IIS. This is neither all that hard, nor unsupported. In fact, Lotus has documented the steps you're going to need to follow.
Here you go:
- To install the WebSphere plug-in on an IIS server
- To configure the WebSphere plug-in
- To configure the Domino server to work with Microsoft IIS
- Setting up security for Microsoft IIS
- Details of Microsoft IIS security options
Tanith, it's always good to know how to do more things, and if you've got experience bridging two worlds, that's always a valuable career point. All life as we know it will not stop instantaneously and every molecule in your body will not explode at the speed of light. So, you're safe for now.